Saturday 29 September 2012

It's the simple pleasures...

After today I think it's fair to say that I'm easily pleased. I'd been having a bit of a crappy Saturday. Having to write out Biology flash cards surprisingly isn't all that fun. But then a walk into Superdrug changed all that...




You have to understand I live in a tiny, tiny town. A tiny town with a tiny Boots and a tiny Superdrug. For months I've lusted over certain MUA products but alas, the diddy MUA stand had nothing to offer apart from a few cracked eyeshadows. When in Superdrug today I glanced down to where the MUA stand normally stood, and shock horror, it had vanished. It's fair to say I must have looked like a lunatic, staring these bottles of nail varnish remover where the stand had once stood, with a look of pure disgust/horror upon my face. Until five seconds later I looked around and saw a gleaming, shiny, spinning stand of MUA products! Complete with eyeprimers, palletes and 'lip booms' (whatever they're called) galore. 

Happiness also came at the Rimmel section. I'm sure you will all have seen many reviews on the new Rimmel eyeliners, but unfortunately the large majority of us aren't bloggers lucky enough to try the products before they hit the shelves. The temptation to start fist pumping  in celebration was hard to ignore. I picked up the nude and taupe versions, after hearing Vivianna talk about them.

With the MUA products came a free lipgloss, and with the Rimmel products a free eyeliner! What with Superdrug's 10 points to a pound offer when using their loyalty cards, I left there a very happy bunny. What with all these new products expect lots of reviews soon! Six products came to a total of £13.48, which makes me feel slightly less guilty about spending money on non essential items... 

I'm sorry this was sort of a nothingy post, but the Biology revision is calling me back. Hope you're having a better weekend than me, if not pop into Superdrug for some retail therapy ;) Also, any Doctor Who fans, prepare your tissues for tonight! (nerd and proud)

Love you all!

Abbie

7 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that mua palette! I am a massive doctor who fan/geek and I cannot wait until tonights episode- its gonna be amazing!! xo

    http://andthislittlepiggybeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it's going to become a favourite of mine! xx

      Delete
  2. This post actually really made me giggle! That would be exactly my reaction if I thought the MUA section was removed from my local superdrug! The selection isn't to great in my town either :( Luckily we have a 2 big boots stores to make up for superdrug!! ... But I hope they upgrade it like they did in yours! Looks like you bought some great items :)! Loved this post haha! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha good! I always try to make my posts a bit more personal and interesting :) xx

      Delete
  3. I love MUA too! It's such high quality make up :D
    I'd really appreciate it if you (or anyone else reading this) looked at my blog because I'd like some feedback hehe :)

    www.breakfastatpersephones.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaah, the beauty of MUA! Such a great brand. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish MUA was reachable here in the us D:

    http://jazzybeaar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting lovelies!