Tuesday 14 August 2012

L'oreal Super Liner Perfect Slim

I had high hopes for this eye liner. I swatched this on the back of my hand in Superdrug and me and my friend literally gasped. The line was so thin and crisp we both picked one up straight away. I normally stay away felt tip liners, but this one seemed so good. I have tried the L'oreal Super Liner Carbon Gloss (just like nearly every other blogger) and was impressed so I hoped the Perfect Slim would follow suite. Sadly not. When I actually started using it, it wasn't nearly as good as I had hoped. 







Maybe mine is just a faulty one, I don't know, but it didn't preform nearly as well as it did in the shop. As you can see the nib is incredibly fine. The point of the nib doesn't seem to really disperse much product. This means you have to press harder to use more of the nib, which then results in a thicker line. All this makes the liner quite hard to work with. It almost drags along the eye.

The wear time also isn't great with my oily lids. I found at the end of the day it had smudged everywhere - not good! If you have drier skin it may last longer.




I do like the matte finish, I much prefer it to Carbon Gloss. The thin pen shape is easy to hold, and to store and the textured part gives a good grip. The black and gold theme does make visually pleasing packaging!  


Have any of you tried the Perfect Slim liner?

Abbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting lovelies!